Update: Saturday, May 11 - 2:15 p.m.
- Saturday Ceremonies
- Law School - Saturday reception moves to Law School (4:45 p.m.)
- Psychology - Saturday ceremony moves to Student Rec Center (1:00 p.m.)
- History - Saturday ceremony moves to Student Rec Center (5:00 p.m.)
- Law School - Sunday diploma ceremony moves to Kaplan Arena (8:15 a.m.)
- Public Policy - Sunday diploma ceremony moves to Kimball Theater (9:00 a.m.)
- Modern Languages & Literature - Sunday ceremony moves to School of Education (10:00 a.m.)
- Physics - Sunday ceremony moves inside to Small Hall (10:00 a.m.)
- English - Sunday ceremony moves to Student Rec Center (10:00 a.m.)
- Government - Sunday ceremony moves to Kaplan Arena (11:00 a.m.)
- Biology - Sunday ceremony moves to Student rec Center (1:30 p.m.)
- Anthropology - Sunday ceremony moves to Washington Hall, Room 201 (1:30 p.m.)
- Economics - Sunday ceremony moves Trinkle Hall (1:30 p.m.)
Commencement Weekend is an exciting time for everyone to celebrate the achievements of our graduating students and the university's rich traditions. The main Commencement (university-wide) ceremony is held on Saturday at 8:30 a.m. in Zable Stadium (or Kaplan Arena in case of rain or excessive heat). Degrees are conferred by degree group and only those receiving PhD and EdD degrees will be recognized by name. No diplomas are presented at this ceremony.
Please note: All undergraduates receive their diplomas on Sunday.
Stay Up to Date
Want to stay up to date or know when we call rain plans?
- Sign-up for updates. Provide a mobile # to receive text messages throughout the weekend. We also recommend parents and family members provide an email address in order to receive timely updates leading up to Commencement.
- Like our Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Look for Real-Time Event Updates under W&M Grad (available April 2020) in the W&M Mobile app.
Need information or have questions?
Degree Requirements and Diploma Questions:
Wendy Urbano, Office of the Registrar, 757-221-2807
Commencement General Information:
Academic Regalia and Merchandise Questions:
William & Mary Bookstore, 757-221-1669