Each year at Commencement, the College of William and Mary recognizes several of its most outstanding students, faculty, and staff with College awards and honors. Members of the campus community are encouraged to nominate worthy individuals in the spring of each year. Information about the nominating process will be available in the spring.
- The James Frederic Carr Memorial Cup
- The Thatcher Prize for Excellence in Graduate and Professional Study
- The Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award
- The Lord Botetourt Medal
- The Thomas Ashley Graves, Jr. Award for Sustained Excellence in Teaching
- The Charles and Virginia Duke Award
Other Awards & Honors
Other awards recognize students for their character, service, leadership, and academic excellence. Although there are too many recipients to name individually during the Commencement ceremony, students who receive the following honors will be designated as such on the awards sheet that is distributed with the Commencement program in May.