1. Participants will not be allowed into a class that has completed the warm-up. It is unsafe to go into a class that has completed the warm-up. Instructors should close the door at the start of class and not allow participants to join the class after the warm-up has been completed.
2. Please come in appropriate athletic attire. Close-toed, close-heeled, activity appropriate athletic footwear intended for indoor use with non-marking soles must be worn. Cross-training shoes with arch support and lateral support are recommended for cardio and weight training classes.
3. Drop-in classes and fitness class equipment are available on a first come, first serve basis. All classes have limited space available. Once spaces are full, there is no more space available in the class.
4. The daily guest pass fee to use the Student Recreation Center is $5.00. Daily guest passes can be purchased at the Student Recreation Center front desk. For non-group fitness membership holders, drop-in fee for group fitness classes is an additional $5.00.
5. Refunds will not be issued for group fitness memberships unless the participant is no longer able to exercise due to medical reasons. Refund requests can be directed to [[e|cacross, Colin Cross]], Graduate Assistant for Fitness & Wellness.
6. Any issues regarding group fitness memberships and class information should be directed to [e|cacross, Colin Cross], Graduate Assistant for Fitness & Wellness.
7. If the Graduate Assistant, Group Fitness Supervisor or Associate Director sees that a participant has marked “yes” to one or more questions on the Health History Form, the participant will be advised to obtain a medical release form from a physician before participating in fitness classes.
Patrons may cancel their class registration up to 2 hours before the class start time, in order to not be marked as a no-show. In order to cancel, go to campusrec.wm.edu and log in. Click on your username on the top right. Select Profile. Select Programs. Find your class. Select Cancel.
If you do not show up to class with time to check-in and setup, you will be considered a "no-show."
Loss of Privelages:
3 NO-SHOWS AND LATE CANCELATIONS COMBINED RESULT IN A LOSS OF FITNESS & WELLNESS MEMBERSHIP FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEMESTER
**For any "No-Shows" that occur due to an extenuating circumstance, students may contact Kristin Ritchey, Graduate Assistant for Fitness & Wellness, to appeal any cancellations. All cancellation reviews are subject to the discretion of the Fitness & Wellness staff, and any extenuating circumstances must be supported by documented evidence of the situation.
If you have any trouble with online registration, please contact Jenny Dunfee, Associate Director of Fitness & Wellness, or Kristin Ritchey, Graduate Assistant for Fitness & Wellness.
Campus Recreation adopts the following policies regarding reserving time in the Group Fitness Studio and Multipurpose Studio. These policies are subject to change at the discretion of the Campus Recreation staff and will be updated accordingly to reflect any changes.
ONLY William & Mary organizations are able to reserve the Group Fitness Studio or the Multipurpose Studio for rehearsal space (no exercise or group fitness). Outside organizations are not permitted to reserve the studios for practices, events, or other activities.
Outside organizations ARE permitted to request private Fitness & Wellness classes, lead by a Campus Recreation Fitness Instructor, in the Group Fitness Studio and Multipurpose Studio and will be reserved through the Graduate Assistant for Fitness & Wellness. The fee for private group fitness classes is $40 for a 60 min. class.