The following information pertains to international students who have been suspended or dismissed from William & Mary:
- The student’s SEVIS record is terminated for Suspension/Dismissal up to 21 days after the effective date (i.e., change is reflected in student’s BANNER record).
- Student has to depart the country by the date of the SEVIS record termination. There is no grace period to depart the U.S.
- If you return to W&M after a suspension or dismissal, your OPT and CPT eligibility will reset. You must be in F-1 status for at least 2 additional semesters to be eligible.
- Dean of Students notifies Reves advisor of suspension or dismissal.
- Reves advisor contacts student to support and advise student on immigration implications.