Start your path to success
Graduate study in the US is exciting and demanding. As a new university student in the U.S., you will encounter challenges: navigating a new culture in a foreign language; using English on a daily basis with peers and professors; adjusting to the different expectations of American professors; learning new styles of teaching in the classroom; learning techniques to effectively contribute to team projects and assignments; and understanding U.S. academic and business culture.
In partnership with the Raymond A. Mason School of Business, William & Mary offers a special 4 week intensive preparatory program for incoming graduate business students. The program combines advanced English language training; academic skills; presentation and teamwork strategies; and visits to regional businesses to prepare students to succeed in their graduate business programs at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business.
Advantages of the W&M Global Business English Program
- Prepares you for success in a graduate business program, such as the MBA, MAcc or MSBA program at William & Mary
- Faculty include Raymond A. Mason School of Business professors, Mason Executive Partners, and professional English instructors trained in Business English.
- Small class size: Average of 20 students per class
- Individual attention to students from faculty and staff
- Career coaching: Get a personalized head start on career management and networking skills
- Experiential Fridays: Weekly trips to companies for hands-on, experiential learning (includes a trip to Washington, DC)
- Business Context: Lectures by MBA faculty, case studies, current issues in business
- Advanced Writing: Advanced English academic and business writing
- Advanced Communication: Public speaking and professional presentation, pronunciation and intonation, Colloquial/conversational English
- U.S. Culture: Social and business etiquette
- Workshops: Academic skills and strategies, team strategies, career management
- Firm visits: Visit firms and companies, connect with the alumni network.
- Cultural excursions: Attend a US baseball game, 4th of July picnic, visits to local historic sites
Dates: June 29, 2020 - July 31, 2020
Location: Raymond A. Mason School of Business, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA.
See a sample schedule.
Students may apply for on-campus summer housing at very reasonable rates.
Tel. 01 757 221 1627
Deadline: May 1, 2020
To register, email [[gbep]] to open a registration page for you.
$4,500 program fee includes:
- Business Site Visits
- Cultural Trips