GBEP 2021 will run as a virtual program.
Courses will be offered in a combination of synchronous and asynchronous sessions to make the program accessible across multiple time zones.
Start your path to success
Graduate study in the US is exciting and demanding. As a new university student in the U.S., you will encounter challenges: navigating a new culture in a foreign language; using English on a daily basis with peers and professors; adjusting to the different expectations of American professors; learning new styles of teaching in the classroom; learning techniques to effectively contribute to team projects and assignments; and understanding U.S. academic and business culture.
In partnership with the Raymond A. Mason School of Business, William & Mary offers a special 4 week intensive preparatory program for incoming graduate business students. The program combines advanced English language training; academic skills; presentation and teamwork strategies; and guest lectures to prepare students to succeed in their graduate business programs at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business.
Advantages of the W&M Global Business English Program
- Prepares you for success in a graduate business program, such as the MBA, MAcc or MSBA program at William & Mary
- Faculty include Raymond A. Mason School of Business professors, Mason Executive Partners, and professional English instructors trained in Business English.
- Small class size: Average of 20 students per class
- Individual attention to students from faculty and staff
- Career coaching: Get a personalized head start on career management and networking skills
- Business Context: Lectures by MBA faculty, case studies, current issues in business
- Advanced Writing: Advanced English academic and business writing
- Advanced Communication: Public speaking and professional presentation and Colloquial/conversational English
- U.S. Culture: Social and business etiquette
- Workshops: Academic skills and strategies, team strategies, career management
- Cultural excursions: Connect with current W&M MBA students
Dates: June 7, 2021 - July 2, 2021
Location: Virtual (mixed synchronous and asynchronous to allow for access from multiple time zones)
Students will need access to computer, laptop, or tablet with camera and microphone. This program will include a few hours a week live on Zoom meetings for group discussions and class.
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Tel. 01 757 221 1627