Apply to graduate in 2017 with the Online Graduation Application
Form is Open February 15 - October 1, 2016
Go to myWM and click the Banner button
- Login to Banner Self Service
- Select Student & Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Apply to Graduate
- Select the most current term, on the "Term Selection" page.
- Select the radio button next to your primary degree. Press Continue.
- Select your graduation date from the drop-down box. Press Continue.
- Select your hometown information for printing in the Commencement Book by choosing "New" in the drop-down box. Hometown information - Street Lines 2 & 3 are NOT required. Press Continue.
- Follow the instructions for entering your city and state (or nation) for printing in the Commencement Book.
- Select the Graduation Fee from the drop-down box. At the time of the submission of this form, a one-time, non-refundable Graduation Fee of $85.00 will be charged to your student account. Press Continue.
- View the summary to be sure all the information is correct, then hit Submit Request.
If you are trying to use the online application and receive a "No Curricula..." error, that means that Banner has an expected graduation term as something other than 2017. Please contact Wendy Urbano, the Graduation Coordinator at 757-221-2807 or email@example.com and she will make the adjustment so that you can file online. Please note, if you have a hold on your record, you will not be able to use the online application until the hold is removed.
Once you hit submit, if you need to make any changes to this graduation application, please [[Wendy.Urbano, contact Wendy Urbano-Graduation Coordinator]].
After October 1 - Apply on paper
After the October 1, 2016, deadline, students applying to graduate in January, May or August 2017 will not be able to apply for graduation using the online form. The Notice of Candidacy Form (pdf) must be used instead. Undergraduate students must submit form to the University Registrar's Office. Graduate students must contact their Graduate Registrar's Office.
Planning to Graduate in 2018 or beyond?
Return to this site one calendar year ahead of your graduation year and complete the online process then.
A Note About Social Classification
Once you file the Notice of Candidacy to graduate (one year ahead of projected graduation date), we will adjust your Social Class as appropriate. We only make adjustments for the two semesters prior to graduation after the Notice of Candidacy is filed.