The campus phone service through Microsoft Teams (named "Teams Calls") provides a modern telephone experience that offers enhanced usability, robust accessibility, and device flexibility. It has the added benefit of low telecommunications costs and leverages the Teams platform, which is also a central hub for collaboration at William & Mary.
Calling through Teams means your computer is also your phone!
- Go to https://office.wm.edu/
- Open Teams
- Recommended: Download the Desktop App by
clicking on the three dots in the top right hand corner of
the Teams site.
- Choose Download the desktop app.
Instructions for getting started: Accessing Teams (pdf)
Open Teams Calls
- Open Teams
- Click on the Calls icon on the left side of the window
- A window with three panes should appear (number pad, call history, and contacts).*
- Place a phone call by:
- dialing the phone number
- typing the name of the person (if they work at W&M)
*If you do not see a number pad, please contact your department's phone coordinator who can request a phone number for you by emailing [[support]].
Introduction to Teams Calls
Questions? Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Jones 201, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm