The Office of Career Development & Professional Engagement regularly investigates resources to provide to our students to enhance their career readiness. We currently partner with many vendors to provide access and offerings to career exploration, career preparation, job and internship searches, and professional networking tools for students and alumni.
If you would like to request that we review your resource for consideration to add to our portfolio, please review the information below and fill out the Vendor Request Form. All requests will be vetted by our technology resources team and someone will respond to you shortly.
This content will give background on the mission of the Office of Career Development & Professional Engagement, the audience we serve, and our goals to serve students.
- all current undergraduate students
- graduate students in education, arts and sciences, and VIMS
- alumni up to 3 years post-graduation
To offer career development programs, services, connections, and resources, empowering students to achieve their career goals.
- Career Exploration: Explore and discover student interests, skills, abilities, and values through individual conversations, small group series, workshops, and online resources.
- Career Immersion Opportunities: Investigate career paths through opportunities on and off-campus by learning from professionals working in a variety of industries. Experience what it is really like to work in these fields with access to specialized advice.
- Career Connections: To help students build their networks by engaging with employers, alumni, parents, faculty, and organizations that interest them.
Please look through our current offerings before submitting a request to ensure your product will serve an unmet need or further enhance one of our core areas. We look for products and platforms that will enhance the student experience, serve a need that is not currently being met, provide a user-friendly, visually appealing experience for the student, and provide functionality that enhances the work of the advising team.
Cost and Process
Please clearly note the cost of all features within your product. The Office of Career Development & Professional Engagement practices fiscal responsibility and seeks to use our budget dollars in ways that will best enhance the student experience. Therefore, we cannot purchase every technology or product in the career services space, but we seek to provide the best product with the best value to both our team and students.
All products used by the Office of Career Development & Professional Engagement must be vetted by the campus Procurement and IT offices. All contracts must be cleared by Procurement before any implementation can occur.
Please note, that while we are willing to look at products with free trial periods, they will still need to be vetted through our Procurement and IT offices on campus. All later costs for the product must be known by the time of implementation.
We invite you to fill out this Vendor Addition Request Form to tell us about your product. All requests will be vetted by our technology resources team. We will respond with any additional questions after this process has taken place.