The advisors of the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs can help you think through some of the considerations involved in changing your major.
How to Change Your Major
The sooner you make this decision, the better. Your new major will probably have different prerequisite courses and requirements. Wait too long, and you might not be able to graduate on time.
To change your major, follow the same steps you took to declare your major.
There can be many reasons to change your major, including:
- Your interests have changed.
- You planned to major in Business but weren't accepted to the School of Business.
- You're not meeting academic requirements for your current major.
Deadline: You must file any requests to change your degree with the Office of the University Registrar no later than the last day of add/drop in the semester you plan to graduate. See the Academic Calendar for upcoming add/drop dates.
How to Drop a Major
Many students at William & Mary decide to double major, which means they have chosen two academic majors. Sometimes a student may want to drop one of the majors they have declared.
- If you want to drop your major in the business school, please contact your major advisor.
- If you want to drop your Arts & Sciences major, use your W&M email account to email [[degreeaudit]] with the request.