The Center For Liberal Arts supports faculty in bringing their most creative and innovative teaching to their COLL courses. Oftentimes faculty need financial support to fully realize the aspirational goals of the COLL curriculum. The CLA has funding available to support faculty as they design and implement courses that bring the best of the liberal arts to our students. We prioritize requests that have concrete connections to current COLL courses, particularly the Campus COLL 300, and a future COLL 199 requirement.
Successful Faculty Innovation Grant (FIG) requests typically share common characteristics: FIG funding complements financial support from other sources; FIG activities are directly linked to an existing COLL course or support the development of and commitment to teach Campus COLL 300 or COLL 400 courses; FIG activities create unique opportunities for students and faculty to engage course material in creative and exciting ways.
Examples of successful FIG proposals include:
- Purchase of electronic music equipment to supplement instruction in COLL 100, 200, and 400 courses
- COLL 400 off-campus visits to observe and engage in real-world application of behavior modification research
- Faculty travel for activities related to the design of Campus COLL 300 courses, workshops on teaching,
The CLA will entertain proposals from individuals or groups (up to five). In your one-page proposal, please provide:
- A discussion of the proposed innovation and its relevance to your COLL course(s)
- Budget and time-frame
- Ideas for sharing with other faculty what you learn through your Innovation Grant
Please submit your proposal to Sharon Morris [[stmorris]]. There is no deadline; grants are awarded as funding is available.