My focus as MakerSpace Director is to further develop the spaces & programs used to enable experiential learning of applied science and engineering. Students and faculty will gain experience in the application of modern manufacturing, engineering design thinking, and problem solving skills within ambiguously defined situations.
These maker spaces & tools will be utilized within the EPAD track, the new APSC 251 Introduction to Engineering Design course, senior design projects, as well as being open for use to all communities campus wide. The facilities include modern tools of distributed manufacturing such as LASERs, subtractive and additive manufacturing, and more.
- Founder/Owner of Build, RVA, LLC.: A 10,000 sqft commercial makerspace community in Upper Scott’s Addition, Richmond, Va
- Project Engineer at Wahoo Fitness: Engineered personal fitness, IoT and OEM wireless sensor and measurement products.
- Consultant at Precision Microfab: Designed & Constructed Precision LASER microfabrication equipment
- Scientist at ITN Energy Systems: Worked on the scale up and commercialization of thin film lithium energy storage devices, electrochromic displays, SOFC enhancement layers, and more.
- Scientist at PrimeStar Solar: Worked on the scale up and commercialization of thin film Cadmium Telluride based photovoltaic devices, helping to break world record efficiency in technology.
- B.S.E.E. at University of Delaware, Minors in Physics & Material Sciences
- M.S.E.E. at University of Delaware, Conc. in Nanoelectronics, Electromagnetics & Photonics