Explore the Eight Dimensions of Wellness and discover wellness, your way!
Your Wellness Passport encourages you to engage with the health & wellness resources available on campus while positively impacting your wellbeing in a holistic way. Plus, you can win some great prizes!
How to join
- Register online
- Get your passport at the front desk of the McLeod Tyler Wellness Center or Bee McLeod Recreation Center starting Monday, March 28.
- The goal is to attend to each dimension during the course of the program (and beyond!) because all dimensions need our attention for us to truly flourish. Once you have your passport, get familiar with the 8 Dimensions and your current relationship with each.
- After attending an event, 'stamp' your passport with the dimension of wellness you are fulfilling and make a note of the activity. We provide suggestions on the Wellness Passport Calendar to connect you with opportunities that fulfill your 8D goal.
- Wellness is a broad term that's affected by our culture and life experience so you get two “Wild Cards”. You can claim wild cards by participating in an event/activity that's not included on the Passport Calendar (a personal workout for the physical dimension, attending a religious service for the spiritual dimension, etc.). Need more ideas? Find additional resources through our Wellness Passport Activities page.
- Once you stamp all eight dimensions return your completed passport to the Rec or Wellness Center front desk by April 22 for your chance to win a free massage, Wellness Prize pack, and more!
Email [[kpritchey, Kristin Ritchey, Fitness & Wellness Graduate Assistant]].
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I get a passport?
Passports will be available starting Monday, March 28th at the front desk of the Wellness Center & Bee McLeod Rec Center.
Is it free to participate?
Yes! Some campus events we feature may require a fee to participate, but most do not.
How long does the program last?
Monday, March 28 - Friday, April 22, 2022.
Can I use one event to complete multiple areas of wellness in my passport?
one activity = one stamp
We have a multidimensional approach so some activities may connect to multiple areas of wellness (i.e. Yoga may be physical & spiritual for you). Each activity you participate in will satisfy one area of wellness. Consider which dimension you are exploring with your selected activity. Participation may hold different meanings for each of us. This is wellness, your way.
I went to an event/activity that fulfills a dimension on my passport, but it’s not on the wellness passport calendar. What should I do?
Use one of your two “Wild Cards”. Make sure to note the activity and 'stamp' your passport.
I completed my wellness passport! Now what?
Return your completed passport to the front desk of the Wellness Center or Recreation Center.