The YouVisit row highlights one of W&M's virtual tour stops with an immersive embed presented in a variety of layout styles — two options that present as a large feature, two options with side-by-side content areas and one option that is fully edge-to-edge.
- Highlight a tour stop to show campus amenities and academic offerings.
- Highlight a campus location and encourage exploration.
Note: This row only accepts YouVisit embed code. The university currently offers two tours within our YouVisit experience: the "William & Mary Main Campus" (20 stops) and "School of Education" (10 stops).
Create a New Row
- Select your rows storage folder — this is likely labeled _rows or similar. If you don't have one yet, build one now.
- From the top menu, select Add Content > Rows > YouVisit.
These fields appear in each layout option for this row:
- Page Name: Required field; this is your row's file name in Cascade; customize the default name of row-youvisit.
- Title: Required field; used as a section header for screen readers and should be meaningful.
- Show Title?
- If unchecked: The title is used by screen readers but not visually displayed.
- If checked: The title is prominently displayed at the top or above the text side of the row.
- The Edge-to-Edge layout does not visually display the title, regardless of this setting.
- Row Theme: Select one of the available colors as the row's default theme. Elements within the row will be color-coordinated and optimized for design and accessibility. When placing the row on a page, the theme can be customized for that page. Note: The Row Theme setting does not impact the appearance of the Edge-to-Edge layout.
- Embed Layout: Select one of the available layout options - Feature, Wide Feature, 50-50, 50-50 Large or Edge-to-Edge. See layout details and additional fields below.
- Embed: Fill in the required Embed Code field. To get the code, follow these steps:
- Copy the desired embed code to your clipboard from the YouVisit Embed Library.
- Paste the HTML code from your clipboard into the Embed Code field in Cascade.
Choose one of the available layout options — Feature, Wide Feature, 50-50, 50-50 Large or Edge-to-Edge. You can edit the row anytime to switch to a different layout.
Feature & Wide Feature
Presents the optional title and intro text above a large (Feature) or larger (Wide Feature) YouVisit embed, with an optional link below. All elements are centered within the row.
50-50 & 50-50 Large
Two side-by-side content areas of equal size — one presenting the YouVisit embed as an inset visual (50-50) or as a large edge-to-edge element (50-50 Large), the other a title, text and linked button.
A large format presentation that extends the entire width of the browser window for a YouVisit embed with no title, text or additional links displayed. The Row Theme setting does not impact the appearance of this layout.
Note: There should be no more than one YouVisit row per page to avoid the disorienting experience multiple moving embeds may cause for visitors.
Updating Row Content
- To update the content of a row, edit and publish the row file.
- You do not need to publish the pages displaying the row.
- If a row is unpublished or deleted, it will no longer appear on any live pages.
Below, we offer sample rows to demonstrate suggested uses and best practices.