International Travel Review Committee
Do I need to apply to the ITRC for permission to travel?
Under the Policy for Travel to University Travel Advisory Countries all students (undergraduate and graduate), faculty and staff must check the W&M Travel Risk Rating for each country prior to engaging in international travel to see if the destination is restricted or if there is a W&M Advisory.
- Undergraduate students are prohibited from traveling to Restricted Destinations.
- All undergraduate students who are considering travel for which the ITRC has issued a W&M advisory must apply to the ITRC for permission.
- Faculty, and staff only need to petition if they wish to travel to a restricted country on the alerts page.
Guidance for Students
I am an undergraduate or graduate student
Guidance for Faculty & Staff
I am traveling without students
I am traveling with students
Application for Approval
- The University Travel Warning Review Committee Approval Application is online.
Criteria used in reviewing the application
- Program support on the ground
- Language abilities
- International travel experience
- COVID criteria/metrics examined:
- Case numbers per 100k
- Country trajectory
- Vaccination rates of destination (one dose and completed)
Members of the ITRC
- Nick Vasquez, International Travel and Security Manager (Chair)
- Sylvia Mitterndorfer, Director of Global Education, and
- Pam Mason, William & Mary’s Chief Compliance Officer.
Appeal of denial of travel to a Travel Warning Country
Each student who petitions through the ITRC and is denied may appeal to [[tvlong,Teresa Longo]], Executive Director of the Reves Center, for further consideration.