Under the Policy for Travel to University Travel Advisory Countries all students (undergraduate and graduate), faculty and staff must check the W&M Travel Risk Rating for each country prior to engaging in international travel to see if the destination is restricted or if there is a W&M Advisory.
- Undergraduate students are prohibited from traveling to Restricted Destinations.
- All undergraduate students who are considering travel for which the ITRC has issued a W&M advisory must apply to the ITRC for permission.
- Faculty, and staff only need to petition if they wish to travel to a restricted country on the alerts page.
Guidance for Students
I am an undergraduate or graduate student
Guidance for Faculty & Staff
I am traveling without students
I am traveling with students
Application for Approval
- The University Travel Warning Review Committee Approval Application is online.
Criteria used in reviewing the application
- Program support on the ground
- Language abilities
- International travel experience
- COVID criteria/metrics examined:
- Case numbers per 100k
- Country trajectory
- Vaccination rates of destination (one dose and completed)
Members of the ITRC
- Nick Vasquez, International Travel and Security Manager (Chair)
- Sylvia Mitterndorfer, Director of Global Education, and
- Pam Mason, William & Mary’s Chief Compliance Officer.
Appeal of denial of travel to a Travel Warning Country
Each student who petitions through the ITRC and is denied may appeal to [[tvlong,Teresa Longo]], Executive Director of the Reves Center, for further consideration.