Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
W&M menu close William & Mary

Employment with an International Organization

To be eligible for employment with an international organization, students must:

  • Be in F-1 status and maintain full-time enrollment during the period of employment.
  • Have a written offer of employment from a qualifying organization as defined by the International Organization Immunities Act.
  • Receive an I-20 from ISSP with the recommendation for employment.
  • Apply to USCIS for an employment authorization document (EAD card) and pay the filing fee.
    • The EAD cards are granted in one year increments. It typically takes USCIS at least 3 months to process these, and the student cannot begin work until the card has been issued and the start date on the card has been reached.

For more information, please contact an advisor at ISSP.