Log into your Box account
- Go to box.wm.edu.
- Sign in with your W&M Username and password on the CAS login page.
- You must also be enrolled in Duo Two-Factor Authentication to access Box.
Creating folders and adding files
In Box, you organize files and folders in a way that's similar to doing so on your computer. For a step-by-step guide about how to create, move, delete, and search for files and folders in Box see:
For more details see the Box Help website about Managing Your Files.
Update your profile information
Update the information in your Box profile, including your name, profile picture, job title, web site URL, and phone number on the Profile tab of your Account Settings. Instructions for updating your profile here.
Share your files securely
Data security is of utmost importance at William & Mary. It's always important to share confidential and sensitive data in a secure manner. Use the security settings detailed in the Securing Box Files and Folder webpage when sharing this type of data.
We recommend opening files in Box with their native applications instead of downloading them to make edits. This can be achieved using Box Drive or with Microsoft Office Integrations.
- Box Drive should be downloaded from https://www.box.com/drive and installed.
- There are two ways to open files with their native applications using Box Drive:
- Start the document’s native application (e.g., Microsoft Word) and open the file (e.g., select File … Open … Browse), then navigate to the Box icon and locate the desired file to open.
- Use File Explorer to navigate to the file beneath the Box icon, then double-click on the file to open
- Both options will allow you to open and edit documents and resave to Box without downloading a copy of the file to your computer/device.
Help and support
Restore deleted files
Accidentally delete a file? You have 14 days to restore it. Here's how: Using the Trash to Restore Files and Folders.
Questions? Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Jones 201, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm