William & Mary lauds faculty accomplishments through award recognitions and celebrates the awards faculty receive from outside agencies. Faculty award winners are feted at events on campus, with these events hosted in the William & Mary news.
Some awards are via a nomination process, whereas others require faculty application. Information on each of the award pages summarizes the award process.
- Eminent Faculty and Named Awards
- Fulbright Faculty Award
- Term Professorship Awards
- Plumeri Award for Faculty Excellence and the Plumeri Award for Athletics Leadership Excellence
- W. Taylor Reveley, III Interdisciplinary Faculty Fellows program
- State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) Outstanding Faculty Award
Faculty Funding Resources
Several internal opportunities exist for faculty funding to support their teaching and research. You will find additional resources on the Faculty Research page and other limited funding opportunities listed in the daily William & Mary's Digest emails.
- School of Arts & Sciences Faculty Grants Fund
- School of Education Funding Opportunities
- The Revely Interdisciplinary Faculty Fellows program provides funding for a joint faculty project to design and teach a new course collaboratively.
- Studio for Teaching and Learning Innovation Teaching Fellows
- Studio for Teaching and Learning Innovation: Grants
- COLL Innovation Grants for Faculty: Open Proposals, deadline: rolling
- Provost Interdisciplinary Research Innovation Fund
- W&M Seed Grant Funding
The Reves Center for International Studies is the hub of globalization and global engagement at William & Mary. Funding opportunities are available through Reves to host international lectures and visitors and to support faculty research and study.
- The Reves & Draper's Faculty Fellows program provides funding to support internationally focused research.
- Distinguished Lectures in International Studies funding supports bringing international visitors to campus.
- Faculty International Conference Travel Grants support faculty presenting papers at international conferences.
- Grants for On-campus Conferences on International Topics support opportunities on campus based on international topics.