W&M Homecoming set for Oct. 16-19
William & Mary’s annual Homecoming Parade will be Oct. 17 at 4:30 p.m. The parade route will begin at Prince George Street and North Boundary Street, before coming up Richmond Road and winding through campus.
Following the parade will be a pep rally in Zable Stadium at 5:30 p.m. and the Friday Night Block Party on Richmond Road beginning at 6 p.m. The block party will include live music, a Virginia Craft Beer & Wine Tasting and many of the area’s favorite food trucks.
The following is a list of road closures to be aware of during the parade and Friday Night Block Party:
- North Boundary Street will be closed from 3:15-5 p.m.
- Richmond Road from College Corner (Confusion Corner) to Dillard Street will be closed from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- College Corner (Confusion Corner) will be closed from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Scotland Street from Braxton Court to Richmond Road will be closed from 4:30 p.m.-5:30.
- Richmond Road from Armistead Avenue to Scotland Street will be closed from 4:30 p.m.-5:30.
Highlights of Homecoming 2014 include:
- Homecoming Parade: Fri., Oct. 17, starting at 4:30 p.m. (free). This year’s Homecoming Grand Marshals are Doug Morton ’62 and Marilyn Brown HON ’07.
- Friday Night Block Party: Fri., Oct. 17, from 6 to 11 p.m. at the Alumni House, Richmond Rd. and Scotland St., featuring live music, and food and drink from local vendors (pay-as-you-go).
- All-Alumni and Reunion Class Tailgate: Sat., Oct. 18, from noon to 3 p.m. in the Sunken Garden with beer, wine and tailgate food included in the cover charge.
- W&M Football Game: Sat., Oct. 18 at 3:30 p.m. at Zable Stadium. The Tribe will take on Villanova. Call 757.221.3340 to purchase tickets.
- Saturday Night Bash: Sat., Oct. 18, from 9 to 11:30 p.m. in the Sunken Garden featuring the Right On Band. Light refreshments and beverages included in the cover charge. A cash bar will be available for premium drinks.
- Complete Schedule is available at wmhomecoming.com.
A complete list of campus events, prices and an online registration form are available at wmhomecoming.com or by calling the Office of Alumni Events at (757) 221-1174, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.