Why should you study International Relations at William & Mary?
- William & Mary is one of the best universities for undergraduates to study international relations in the United States.
- Our program is interdisciplinary. The program integrates perspectives from multiple disciplines to study the economic, historical, political, and social interactions among states and other global actors.
- Our students learn about international relations both inside and outside of the classroom. The program combines coursework and foreign language with research and study abroad.
- Our small class sizes encourage close collaboration between majors and faculty. Our faculty are award-winning scholars and dedicated teachers, who offer many opportunities to conduct research with students.
- Our courses address questions of pressing global importance. You will study topics ranging from climate change and pandemic disease to economic development and international conflict.
- Our program will prepare you to make a difference in the world after graduation. Our alumni have positions in government, the private sector, and non-profit organizations. Others go to professional or graduate programs for careers in law and education.
Are you interested in coming to William & Mary to study international relations? Learn more about what makes W&M's International Relations program different.