If you are applying to William & Mary, we ask that you submit your Common Application or Coalition Application by either November 1 (Early Decision I) or January 1 (Early Decision II and Regular Decision). The deadline is officially midnight in your time zone. This deadline applies to the student’s actual application. Supplemental materials including transcripts, test scores and recommendations may still be submitted after that January 1 deadline.
A complete application to William & Mary includes each of the following required materials:
- A submitted application through The Common Application or The Coalition Application
- The Secondary School Report form complete with a high school transcript and counselor letter of recommendation
- The Midyear School Report form, should be submitted to the admission office with an updated transcript as soon as first semester grades are available.
- Standardized test score(s) - W&M's standardized testing requirements
- $75 application fee payment, or a fee waiver request
Please Note: For your application, the fee payment and all school reports including transcripts may all be submitted online.
If you are a resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia and are seeking in-state tuition privileges, you must complete the questions pertaining to in-state tuition privileges which are found on the Common Application or the Coalition Application for William & Mary. Information about in-state residency requirements is available through the Office of the University Registrar.
Optional application materials include:
- A Teacher Evaluation form including a teacher letter of recommendation
- SAT Subject Tests
- On-campus interview
- Creative and Performing Arts Submissions