If you are applying to William & Mary, we ask that you submit your Common Application by either November 1 (Early Decision I) or January 5 (Early Decision II and Regular Decision). The deadline is officially midnight in your time zone. This deadline applies to the student’s actual application. Supplemental materials including transcripts, test scores and recommendations may still be submitted after that January 5 deadline. Upon receipt of an application, freshmen applicants will receive an email from us providing them with credentials to access our Application Status Portal.
A complete application to William & Mary includes each of the following required materials:
- A submitted application through The Common Application
- The Secondary School Report form complete with a high school transcript and counselor letter of recommendation
- The Midyear School Report form, should be submitted to the admission office with an updated transcript as soon as first semester grades are available.
- $75 non-refundable application fee payment, or a fee waiver request
Please Note: For your application, the fee payment and all school reports including transcripts may all be submitted online.
If you are a resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia and are seeking in-state tuition privileges, you must complete the questions pertaining to in-state tuition privileges which are found on the Common Application for William & Mary. Information about in-state residency requirements is available through the Office of the University Registrar.
Optional application materials include:
- A Teacher Evaluation form including a teacher letter of recommendation
- Standardized test score(s) - W&M's standardized testing requirements
- On-campus interview
- Creative and Performing Arts Submissions