About this Site
The W&M website was redesigned in February, 2015 to reflect the university's visual identity brand guidelines and incorporates W&M's new primary logo.
University Web & Design manages this site which continues to evolve and improve, changing on a regular basis, as we focus on interesting, informative and engaging content for all visitors. The University Web & Design team welcomes your feedback and comments be email at [[creative]].
Features of the website
- W&M Websites A - Z and our gateway pages customized for current students, faculty and staff, friends and neighbors, parents and families and alumni are key navigational elements.
- Features and photography are showcased in Ideation and Liberal Arts @ Work. View a complete list of the people who have contributed their wonderful photography to the W&M website.
- The W&M Blogs offer the opportunity to hear the voices of our dynamic community of students, alumni, faculty, staff and administrators.
- Hear the thunder of our social media chorus on Social Stream.
- Complementary sites for William & Mary graduate and professional schools complete an integrated web presence: Law School, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, School of Business, School of Education
A little history
- About This Site on July 31, 2008 (hey, that's history in web time)
- University News & Media offers a look back at previous W&M web designs
- In March 2012, a refreshed W&M homepage was introduced using modern design, more contrast, responsive design technology, added content and new features.
- In July 2013, the entire W&M website was made responsive, making it more accessible on any device (read the "one site fits all" story)
- In February 2015, a new design for the W&M website was released to reflect the university’s new visual identity, prominently incorporating W&M’s primary logo.
- In July 2020, a new homepage and secondary page design was launched. The new design for secondary pages enabled them to support current content as well as begin a phased approach to page redesigns using new full-width rows and page templates. In addition, a new People of W&M section was released.