When it became apparent that the W&M Compliance and Protocol Management System and the two Sponsored Programs Databases supporting the Williamsburg and VIMS Campuses were reaching end-of-life, W&M decided to purchase an electronic research administration (ERA) software that would provide all-inclusive management in a single system.
After a comprehensive review of the ERA systems available, W&M entered into an agreement with Cayuse in December 2021. Cayuse is a well-established ERA software provider and is currently the market leader in higher education in North America. Their highly configurable, cloud-based solution provides enhanced user experiences and many opportunities for improved efficiency.
Integrated Research Administration
The SPARCS/Cayuse system can interface with other existing campus systems and integrate the following research administration functions.
- Protocol and Compliance management
- Institutional Animal Care and use Committee IACUC
- Institutional Biosafety Committee IBC
- Protection of Human Subjects Committee PHSC
- Conflict of Interest
- Proposal preparation and submission
- Sponsored Projects Award management
- Sponsored Projects Fund management
- Effort Certification