The event feed row displays upcoming events from a W&M Events calendar in a visual presentation style. Help us showcase current happenings across the university!
- Promote upcoming events
- Replace right-column events listboxes
- Replace center-column event feed blocks
Create a New Row
- Select your rows storage folder — this is likely labeled _rows or similar. If you don't have one yet, build one now.
- From the top menu, select Add Content > Rows > Events Feed.
Available Fields & Options
- Page Name: Required field; this is your row's file name in Cascade; customize the default name of row-events.
- Title: Required field; used as a section header for screen readers and should be meaningful.
- Show title?
- If unchecked: The title is used by screen readers but not visually displayed.
- If checked: The title is prominently displayed at the top of the row.
- Row Theme: Required field; Select one of the available colors as the row's default theme. Elements within the row will be color-coordinated and optimized for design and accessibility. When placing the row on a page, the theme should be selected for that page.
- Intro Text: Option to add simple text below the title and above the event cards. Text appears center-justified and can include links, bold, and italics.
- Show Events: Choose to display upcoming and ongoing events, upcoming events only, or ongoing events only.
- Calendar Name: Required field; enter the calendar's short name from W&M Events.
- The short name can be found by visiting the calendar and viewing the URL. For example, the short name for "https://events.wm.edu/calendar/upcoming/webanddesign/" is webanddesign.
- Link Text: Required field; Links to the W&M Events calendar automatically, but you can customize the text. "See all events" is provided as the suggested link text.
Tip: Event images are most effective when they are photographs or custom graphics that do NOT include text.
Tip: If you anticipate having a calendar without upcoming events at times during the year, make a note to consider borrowing relevant events from other calendars or removing the Events Feed row from pages during those idle times.
Updating Row Content
- To update the content of a row, edit and publish the row file.
- You do not need to publish the pages displaying the row.
- If a row is unpublished or deleted, it will no longer appear on live pages.
Tip: If you move or rename a row file, you must publish any pages displaying the row. Not sure which pages are using the row? Check for relationships to the row.
Example Event Feed Rows
Below, we offer sample rows to demonstrate suggested uses and best practices.