Step 1: Create a Listing Folder
- Navigate to the folder that your announcements will fall under (traditionally this is your site's root folder)
- Select Add Content > Folder with Listing Page > Listing Folder - Announcements (if this asset is not available to you, please contact your Cascade Manager for help)
- Replace the Folder Name with "announcements" (no quotes).
- Enter the Display Name of "Announcements" (or something similar) - this will be displayed in your site's menus and breadcrumbs.
- Leave the box checked for Display in Menu if you want this page to be in your menus.
- Click Submit
Step 2: Edit the Listing Page
- Edit the index page of the Listing Folder (this is the listing page)
- Enter a Title and (optional) teaser. This page title and teaser will display at the top of the web page.
- Check the appropriate boxes for displaying parent and siblings in the menu.
- (optional) Input any intro content you'd like to display before the listed announcements in the WYSIWYG (the area labeled 'Content').
- (optional) Prepare and upload a Social Media Thumbnail image.
- Check Content & Submit
Step 3: Create the Announcements
- Create an announcement page for each announcement. Note: You MUST create them in this Listing Folder for them to be displayed properly.
- They will automatically appear on your listing page and (optional) Listbox in folder order.
- They will remain listed until you delete the announcement page.
Step 4: Create an Announcements Listbox (optional)
An Announcement Listbox is just that... a nice little box that displays a summary list of your announcements. It can be placed in the right hand column of any page. Users will be able to click through to access the full length announcements or to view your Announcements listing page.
Tip: Remember to Publish any changes to your site when you are ready for them to be live. If the changes affect the menus, you may need to publish your entire site's folder (root folder).