Off Campus Resources
Local Law Enforcement Agencies
- William & Mary Police Department: 221-4596 or 911
- Williamsburg Police Department: 220-2331 or 911
- James City County Police Department: 253-1800 or 911
- York County Sheriff's Department: 890-3630 or 911
- National Park Service Ranger Station - Yorktown: 898-3400
- National Park Service Ranger Station - Jamestown: 229-1282
- Colonial Williamsburg Security and Safety Office: 220-7375
- Virginia Sex Offender Registry
24 Hour Help Line For Sexual Assault Victims
In the event of a sexual assault, victims may call the Sexual Assault Helpline at 258-5051. A Sexual Assault Companion Program is also available. This program provides a companion for sexual assault victims. Both of these services are provided by Avalon, A Center for Women and Children and can be reached by dialing 258-5051.
24 Hour Drug & Alcohol Referral Line
Drug and Alcohol Referral: 1-800-821-4357
For Alcoholics Anonymous call 757-595-1212 or visit their website.
For Narcotics Anonymous call 757-875-9314 or visit their website.
National Drug Rehab Locator
For National Drub Rehab Locator visit their website.
HIV-AIDS-STD Hotlines & Info
- Williamsburg AIDS Network: 220-4606 (10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday thru Friday)
- Virginia HIV-AIDS-STD Hotline: 1- 800-533-4148 (24 hours a day)
- Greater Peninsula Care Foundation: 1- 800-377-1701 or after hours 757-591-0971
- CDC National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention
On Campus Resources
William & Mary Counseling Center
Counseling Center Main Number 221-3620
Residence Life Staff
Residence Life Main Number 221-4314
For any of the following parking concerns you may call 221-4764 for information:
- Visitor questions
- Disabled vehicles
- Special event parking questions
- Ticket and fine information
- Motorist assists (dead batteries, vehicle unlocks, etc.)
- Any other parking questions
The Office of Health Education supervises the FISH Bowl, a student run resource center which is both informal and user-friendly. It is staffed by the Office of Health Education Graduate Assistant and student volunteers. These students are trained to provide referrals and information about critical health issues such as wellness, alcohol and other drugs, sexual health issues, sexual assault, stress management, low-risk decision making and ways to help a friend. Resources in the FISH Bowl include health-related videos, books, articles, Quit Kits, free condoms and brochures for students, staff and faculty. The FISH Bowl is funded by the Health Center but is located in the Campus Center. The FISH Bowl highlights various student health issues each month on its bulletin boards, also located in the Campus Center. Look for monthly Fishing for Answers columns in the Flat Hat as well.
For more information, contact the Student Health Center Graduate Assistant at 221-3229.
Student Affairs Staff
- Virginia Miller Ambler, Vice President for Student Affairs: 221-1236
- Marjorie Thomas, Dean of Students: 221-2510
- Anne Arseneau, Student Leadership Development: 221-3270
- Maggie Burkhart-Evans, Director, Residence Life: 221-4314
- David D Dafashy ~ MD, Director, Health Center: 221-4386