Chrome River is the university’s comprehensive travel expense reimbursement tool. This system allows university employees to manage Pre-Approvals, track Expense Reports, run reports, and submit and receive reimbursements in the most cost-effective, timely and efficient manner possible. WM travelers who paid for pre-authorized, business-related travel expenses with personal funds may be reimbursed in accordance with the university travel policy. All reimbursement requests must be accompanied by receipts and/or supporting documentation. Failure to include any required documentation may unnecessarily delay the reimbursement.
Profiles in Chrome River
Non-WM Affiliates and Students cannot access the system as only Employees have profiles within Chrome River. Therefore, a WM employee will have to process the pre-approval and reimbursement for non-WM affiliates and students in the system.
- Employees: All employees (with the exception of adjunct faculty, part-time, hourly or student employees) can login to Chrome River to process their own pre-approval and reimbursement requests.
- Student Reimbursements: While student information exist in Chrome River, students do not have profiles and access to sign-up and complete their own reimbursements in Chrome River. (VIMS is the only exception) Student Reimbursement Help Document
- Non-WM Affiliates: Non-WM Affiliates are guests of the university which includes speakers and performers. When requesting a vendor to be created by Accounts Payable (AP) using email@example.com; you must let AP know if the vendor should be entered into Chrome River. Non-WM Affiliate Help Document
Payment disbursement to most travelers will be by direct deposit to their payroll account. For those without a payroll account the address sequence that Banner will use to process the checks are as follows:
|Bursars Address||CS (Dorm Address)||Default AP address||
|LC (Off Campus)|
If another WM employee helps you process your travel authorizations and reimbursement requests, then you will need to set the individual up as a Delegate in your Chrome River profile. Chrome River requires you, the Expense Owner, to authorize the Delegate; Delegates cannot assign themselves to the role. You may set up more than one Delegate.
To sign up for Chrome River training login to cornerstone.wm.edu and look under search for Chrome River Curriculum. You must click "Request" and open Curriculum to start the training module. For additional information please follow the guidelines detailed in: Chrome River Navigation Guide for Cornerstone.
Training Job Aids
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Cash Advances
- Expense Reports
- Warnings and Violations
- Receipts and Images
Chrome River Visual Aids
- Responsibilities within Chrome River
- Pre-Approval Report Routing
- Travel Advance Routing
- Expense Report Routing