The monthly tuition payment plan is intended to help students pay the cost of their higher education during the Fall and Spring terms of the academic year. The plan distributes the cost of tuition, fees, housing, meal plans and incidental charges on the student's account into four equal payments. Monthly installments will be due on the 1st day of the payment month and may be set up to auto-debit your bank account or credit card (service fee of 2.85% applies to all credit card payments). The enrollment fee of $50.00 per semester will be charged to your student account at enrollment and is included in the plan total.
Payment Plan Highlights
The payment plan offered by William & Mary allows for a convenient automatic payment of your tuition and other student account charges in four monthly installments each semester. The plan is offered through Touchnet via W&M eServices and will be available for enrollment after the first semester eStatement is generated. Here are the plan highlights:
- The plan is only available for Fall and Spring semesters
- The plan is NOT available for Summer terms due to the short length of the summer semesters
- The plan is NOT available for W&M Sponsored Study Abroad programs
- Enrollment is by term and includes a $50.00 enrollment fee per semester. The enrollment fee is a nonrefundable charge on your student account and is included in the payment plan.
- Enrollment for the Fall semester will open with the first semester eStatement in July and includes 4 installment payments due August through November on the 1st of each month.
- Spring enrollment will open with the first semester eStatement in December and include 4 installment payments due January through April on the 1st of each month
- Payments may be automated using an ACH bank draft (electronic check). Credit cards are also available as a payment method (a 2.85% service fee will apply) .
- Monthly installment amounts will automatically adjust as new activity (payments OR charges) occurs on the student’s account. Monthly payment amounts will NOT adjust 7 days or less prior to a payment due date. Your new payment amount will take effect on the following month's payment. Email notifications will be sent to the student and authorized user with the new installment payment amount and the effective date of the new payment.
- Students with charges of $100.00 or greater are eligible to participate in the plan.
- A restrictive hold will be placed on the student's record for payments that are not received by the payment due date.
- Students with two missed payments may be unenrolled from the plan and the total outstanding account balance may be referred to the College's Accounts Receivable department for collection.
- Student accounts forwarded to the Collections department may prevent future enrollment in the W&M Tuition Payment Plan.
- Students that have not previously provided access for their parent or other payer in eServices must set them up as an Authorized User for them to create a Tuition Payment Plan.
- Payments not received by 12:00 midnight on the due date will be assessed a $ 25.00 late payment fee.