Student Accessibility Services (SAS) offers reasonable accommodations upon request on an individual basis through the interactive process. We strive to foster student independence, to encourage self-determination, to emphasize empowerment and accommodation over limitation, and to create a comprehensive, accessible environment to ensure that individuals are viewed on the basis of contribution, not deficit. We offer support to students requesting accommodations and services as well as resources for expanding and adapting academic skills as well as access to campus life.
Department Goals and Learning Outcomes
- Students with disabilities will develop self-advocacy skills through the coordination of accommodations and services
- Students will be able to request and receive reasonable accommodation at William & Mary through SAS
- Students will be able to contact SAS staff with concerns regarding accommodations and services to receive assistance and support
We offer a variety of services for William & Mary students including:
- The SAS testing center
- Housing accommodations
- Limited Mobility Shuttle Service (LMSS)
- Appointments with SAS staff to assist with accommodations
Navigate our website to learn more about the resources offered at William & Mary and please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or if you can not find what service you are looking for!