Care Support Services provides outreach, advocacy, and support services that assist and empower students in identifying and managing interpersonal, academic, and wellness concerns. When students face significant challenges to their mental, physical, and social health, we help in identifying and accessing resources both on and off campus to meet students' needs.
Common Matters We Help Students Through:
- Medical Injuries or Emergencies
- Emotional Challenges or Emergencies
- Serious Academic Concerns
- Personal Issues
- Sexual Assault and Gender Based Violence or Discrimination
When Notified About A Student, What We Do:
- Contact student to address concern
- Refer student to appropriate service (On or off campus)
- Respond with intervention
- Ongoing support
How We Are Referred To Students:
- Student self-reports - A student can call us, schedule an appointment, or email us about anything. (See contact info at the bottom of the page)
- Faculty or staff reports - W&M faculty and staff are trained to submit a "CARE Report" to our office when they suspect a student might be experiencing some type of physical, emotional, or academic challenge.
- Students reporting concerns for other students - Students can report an issue or concern that they have for another student by clicking here.
(757) 221-2510 (Voice)
(757) 221-2538 (Fax)
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
[Note: The Dean of Students Office is closed for lunch between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.]