While William & Mary is operating on a modified academic schedule, the Dean of Students Office and all of our related offices will be available via phone and email. Additionally, we will have the capability of scheduling meetings with students remotely via phone or Zoom.
Accommodations & Medical Modifications
Students who need accessibility accommodations to fully participate in the fall semester – campus housing, curricular offerings, etc. – should reach out to the Office of Student Accessibility Services. Staff members in this office are experienced in supporting students who have accessibility needs, including students who are immunocompromised.
For medical modifications such as a medical underload or medical withdrawal, students should reach out to Care Support Services. Returning undergraduate students seeking a leave of absence for the fall 2020 should complete the withdrawal/leave of absence form.
We will work with students (and their faculty as appropriate) to be sure they are in a position to be successful this semester.
Care Support Services
Care Support Services provides outreach, advocacy, and support services that assist and empower students in identifying and managing interpersonal, academic, and wellness concerns. When students face significant challenges to their mental, physical, and social health, we help in identifying and accessing resources both on and off campus to meet students' needs.
Common Matters We Help Students Through:
- Medical Injuries or Emergencies
- Emotional Challenges or Emergencies
- Serious Academic Concerns
- Personal Challenges or Concerns
When Notified About A Student, What We Do:
- Contact student to address concern
- Refer student to appropriate service (On or off campus)
- Respond with intervention
- Ongoing support
How We Are Referred To Students:
- Student self-reports - A student can call us, schedule an appointment, or email us about anything. (See contact info at the bottom of the page)
- Faculty or staff reports - W&M faculty and staff are trained to submit a "CARE Report" to our office when they suspect a student might be experiencing some type of physical, emotional, or academic challenge.
- Students reporting concerns for other students - Students can report an issue or concern that they have for another student by clicking here.
(757) 221-2511 (Voice)
(757) 221-2538 (Fax)
Please note this e-mail will only be monitored during business hours and is not intended for use in the case of an emergency.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Note: The Dean of Students Office is closed for lunch between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.