D.C. Winter Seminars
Earn academic credit during your winter break!
Applications for D.C. Winter Seminars 2024 beginning Summer 2023
Per D.C. Bar Building regulations, all students, faculty, and guest speakers participating in the D.C. Winter Seminars must be fully vaccinated, including booster shot.
Catch a glimpse of the DC Winter Seminars Experience!
D.C. Winter Seminars students earn 3 W&M credits through this accelerated academic opportunity that combines online course work with seminar-style discussions led by a W&M professor featuring topical experts via networking and guest lectures while experiencing all D.C. has to offer.
The 2024 D.C. Winter Seminars will be split into two sessions:
D.C. Winter Seminars Session I: January 2-11
- Urban Education: Policy, Practice and Leadership - COLL 350
- Foreign Economic Policy: Theory Meets Practice - COLL 300
- Measurement and Accountability: Who is responsible for the public's health? - COLL 300
D.C. Winter Seminars Session II: January 10-20
- Identity, Power, and Profit - COLL 350
- Critical Race Theory and the First Amendment - COLL 350
- In Memoriam: Monuments Past, Present, Fallen and Future - COLL 350
***Course sessions subject to change***
Contact Program Coordinator [[smdevellis, Sarah DeVellis]], or call (202) 836-8605 for more information about the D.C. Winter Seminars.