Parking Near the D.C. Bar Building
- impark (901 4th St NW, Washington 20001)- Located under the D.C. Bar Building, entrance is on I St NW. Parking is $15 per day and is open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. except on federal holidays. Elevators in the garage will bring you up to the D.C. Bar Building lobby.
- Safeway/Colonial Parking (440 L St NW, Washington 20001)- Six minute walk from the D.C. Bar Building. 1 hr: $9, 2 hr: $13, Daily Max: $20. Open 24 hours.
- LAZ parking - 5 minute walk from the D.C. Bar Building. This is a secured lot not a garage. Check website for hours and price.
- Tag-B parking - open lot right next to the D.C. Bar Building. Hours vary. Cash payment is required to park at this lot. Current rate is $10 for stay.
- There is some street parking around the D.C. Bar Building. Most parking is 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. It is a two hour parking limit with the price $2 per hour. Please read street signs when street parking for hours and rates.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car: the official provider of rental vehicles for W&M.
Car2Go: Borrow a Smart Car for transportation around D.C.!
Zipcar: A low-cost rental car system with pickup locations throughout D.C. and Virginia.
Virginia taxi services:
D.C. taxi services:
This "rent-a-bike" system allows you to get around in the city via bike without having a bicycle of your own. Capital Bikeshare bikes are located at over 500 different stations throughout D.C. and Arlington, and are available at all hours of the day.
E-scooters provide short individual travel for people within D.C. and some of the surrounding areas. They are fast and easy to use. The number of e-scooters available drops after 9 pm every weekday. All e-scooters require the companies corresponding app to be downloaded and payment info already established before you can ride. Each city or county has different laws, regulations, and approved riding location for e-scooters.
Montgomery County, MD
- Baltimore Washington International (Baltimore, MD)
- Dulles (Dulles, VA)
- Reagan National (Alexandria, VA)
Train system provides transportation between Williamsburg and D.C., as well as to other locations along the Eastern Seaboard.
DC Metro is fast, clean, and safe. Over 600,000 people use this system every day. On the Metro Rail system, the closest stop to the D.C. Bar Building is the Gallery Place/Chinatown station (located on the Red Line, Green and Yellow lines). The closest stop to Meridian is the Gallery Place/Chinatown (located on the Red, Green and Yellow Lines).
MARC Train Service is a commuter rail system whose service areas include Harford County, Maryland; Baltimore City; Washington D.C.; Brunswick, Maryland; Frederick, Maryland and Martinsburg, West Virginia. MARC Train Service operates Monday through Friday with limited weekend service on the Penn Line.
Virginia Rail Express
VRE provides commuter rail service from the Northern Virginia suburbs to Alexandria, Crystal City and downtown Washington, D.C., along the I-66 and I-95 corridors. VRE Train Service operates Monday through Friday.