International students applying as freshmen are accepted for enrollment in the fall semester, when you can participate in the full new student orientation program. The deadlines for applying to William & Mary for the fall semester are: November 1 for Early Decision I freshman applicants and January 3 for Early Decision II freshman applicants; January 3 for Regular Decision freshman applicants; and March 1 for transfer applicants.
1. A completed Common Application. Read our Specific Instructions to complete your application.
2. $75 application fee: The $75 (USD) application fee can be paid online.
3. Secondary School Report Form including official records of your courses and grades from all secondary schools and universities you have attended. Please note that in order to have complete secondary school records, we need to have records from your ninth grade year (last year of middle or junior high school) as well as your complete senior high school records. These records must be sent directly to us from your school. Certified non-English transcripts or grade reports should be accompanied by official (literal, not interpretive) translations.
*Students applying as international transfer students need to complete the transfer student application requirements.
Optional Application Materials include:
- Teacher Evaluation Form and Letter of Recommendation - you may submit one letter of recommendation with your application. Please do not submit more than two.
- Results of optional standardized tests a) SAT or ACT; and b) TOEFL or IELTS. Results may be sent directly to William & Mary by the testing organization or self-reported in the application. Admitted students who self-reported standardized test scores in the application will be asked to have official scores sent by the testing organization at the time of enrollment.
- Creative and Performing Arts Submission
- InitialView - William & Mary is a welcoming community that offers endless opportunities to discuss big ideas both inside and outside the classroom. Applicants who are non-native English speakers are welcome to participate in a third-party, unscripted interview through InitialView. If you have interviewed with InitialView, we encourage you to consider adding William & Mary to your list of school as an optional way to supplement your application.