Prior to reaching out to our office, we invite you to review our Frequently Asked Questions page. We have curated the most common questions that our office receives so that guidance to the most pertinent information is assessable to you at any time.
If your inquiry requires a more personal response, there are several options available to assist you with your financial aid questions. Due to volume, we may not be able to provide an immediate response. However, we are committed to providing timely responses to your questions and will respond at the earliest opportunity. To ensure the privacy of your information, all William & Mary students and parents will be required to provide a Passphrase before discussing specific details of a student record.
E-mail & Phone:
- If you have questions regarding financial aid, we can be reached via e-mail [[finaid, Financial Aid]] or by phone at (757) 221-2420 for your financial aid questions. Please include the student ID number and applicable Passphrase in all correspondence to our office.
- If you have questions about your bill, refund, or 1098-T tax form, contact [[bursar, Bursar or Student Accounts]].
- If you have concerns relating directly to the submission of the CSS Profile or the FAFSA, you may need to contact them for assistance:
- FAFSA: 1-800-433-3243
- The College Board/CSS Profile: 1-844-202-0524
Our office is located at 124 Blow Memorial Hall, and you are welcome to stop by during normal business hours for assistance with your questions. Depending on the nature of your inquiry and/or the volume of requests, you may be advised to make an appointment. Our office hours are Monday - Friday from 8a to noon and then from 1p to 5p. This may deviate if the College is closed or for periodic staff training.
Document Submission Options
- Online: BOX is our preferred method for document submission and our only option for online submission. For security reasons, we cannot accept documents that are submitted as e-mail attachments.
- Fax: (757) 221-2515. When submitting documents by fax, please be sure to include a cover letter with the student’s name and 93#.
- Mail: Our mailing address is PO Box 8795, Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795. If you would like to drop off your documents in person or use a surface carrier, our physical address is Blow Memorial Hall, Room 124, 262 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185.
Be sure to include the student's W&M ID number and name and the Person's Passprahse (parents and students will have different passphrase words) in all correspondences.
Undergraduate Counselor for students with last names A - B
[[pmremmert, Paul Remmert, Associate Director]]
Undergraduate Counselor for students with last names C - J
[[kzgilliam, Kensa Gilliam, Assistant Director]]
Undergraduate Counselor for students with last names K - Q
Student Employment Manager
[[gjanderson, Ginia Anderson, Senior Assistant Director]]
Undergraduate Counselor for students with last names R - Z
[[mjfranks, Melissa Franks, Senior Assistant Director]]
Graduate student counselor: Online Programs & Graduate School of Business
[[jmmeie, Jennifer Meier, Associate Director]]
Graduate student counselor: Law, School of Education (Non-online), Graduate Arts & Sciences, VIMS
[[kwketterman, Kimberly Ketterman, Assistant Director]]
Joe Dobrota, Director
[[jdobrota, Dr. Dobrota]]
Meriann Reid, Associate Director of Operations
[[mwreid, Mrs. Reid]]
Amy C. Banks, Program Support Technician, Data Processing
[[acburk, Ms. Banks]]
Vacant, Financial Aid Assistant; Student Employment Coordinator
[[studentemploy, Student Employment]] [[deptaward, Department Awards]]
Janni R. Ramirez, Loan Specialist
[[jrrami, Ms. Ramirez]]
Crystal Bowers, Customer Service Lead
[[cbowers, Ms. Bowers]]
Financial Aid Team
[[finaid, Financial Aid]]