The Boathouse is open for the fall season!
|Monday / Wednesday / Friday||3:00-5:00 PM|
Saturday & Sunday *
* Family Paddle (kids are welcome!)
(Guests are always welcome with a W&M Sponsor.)
- Contact the Boathouse: 757-221-1938 (for status, hours, and to speak to a boathouse attendant during hours of operation)
- INCLEMENT WEATHER REMINDER: Please note that for your safety, the Matoaka Boathouse will close during inclement weather such as rain, high winds, thunder and lightning.
- Personal Canoe/kayaks/SUPs: may be paddle on lake Matoaka only during official Boathouse hours. All participants must check-in at the Matoaka Boathouse. Personal boats may NOT be stored at the boathouse or waterfront.
- Fishing Update: Shoreline fishing IS PERMITTED with a W&M Id. and valid VA freshwater fishing license. Fishing is permitted from sunrise to sunset. Fishing is NOT permitted from the Boathouse dock. Fishing from a boat is NOT permitted (unless on the list for official Keck Lab research. Contact the Keck Lab for more information.)
(Please note that the Boathouse will be closed during official school breaks.)
The Boathouse will open at the beginning of September and close at the beginning of November for the winter.
The Boathouse will open the first scheduled day after spring break when temperatures permit.
The Boathouse has limited hours of operation during the summer.
The Boathouse will close at any time due to inclement weather condition such as, strong winds, rain, snow, thunder, and lightning.
Requirements for checking out vessels:
- William & Mary Student ID
- Alumni and Guests must provide a a picture Id.
- Guest are welcome with a W&M sponsor present.
- Alcohol is not permitted
- Swimming is not permitted
Directions:The Boathouse is located near the Briggs Amphitheater. Follow the gravel road behind Miller Hall (Mason School of Business). Parking is to the left at the bottom of the hill (college parking decal required). The Boathouse is the green concrete block building closest to the lake.
Please contact Tribe Adventure Program at email@example.com or 757-221-2687 (TAP Office)