We are OPEN for the Spring. April 26th is the last day of the semester that the boathouse is open!
Saturday and Sunday
- Contact the Boathouse: 757-221-1938 (for status, hours, and to speak to a boathouse attendant during hours of operation)
- INCLEMENT WEATHER REMINDER: Please note that for your safety, the Matoaka Boathouse will close during inclement weather such as rain, high winds, thunder and lightning.
- Personal Canoe/kayaks/SUPs: may be paddle on lake Matoaka only during official Boathouse hours. All participants must check-in at the Matoaka Boathouse. Personal boats may NOT be stored at the boathouse or waterfront.
- Fishing Update: Shoreline fishing IS PERMITTED with a W&M Id. and valid VA freshwater fishing license. Fishing is permitted from sunrise to sunset. Fishing is NOT permitted from the Boathouse dock. Fishing from a boat is NOT permitted (unless part of official Keck Lab research.)
(Please note that the Boathouse will be closed during official school breaks.)
The Boathouse will open at the beginning of September and close at the beginning of November for the winter. Specific opening and closing Fall 2019 dates are TBD.
The Boathouse is open for the Spring! The last day the boathouse is open is 4/26.
The Boathouse is closed during the summer.
The Boathouse will close at any time due to inclement weather condition such as, strong winds, rain, snow, thunder, and lightning.
Requirements for checking out vessels:
- William & Mary Student ID
- Alumni and Guests must provide a valid driver's license.
- Alcohol is not permitted
- Swimming is not permitted
Directions:The Boathouse is located near the Briggs Amphitheater. Follow the gravel road behind Miller Hall (Mason School of Business). Parking is to the left at the bottom of the hill (college parking decal required). The Boathouse is the green concrete block building closest to the lake.
Please contact Tribe Adventure Program at email@example.com or 757-221-2687 (TAP Office)