Reporting an Invention

Inventions should be reported using the College of William and Mary Invention Disclosure Form.

Most funding sources, including the federal government, require reporting of inventions. If you are unsure of whether or not your discovery is an invention, please contact [[jason.mcdevitt,TTO]] to discuss the matter.

Ownership of inventions will be determined in accordance with the College of William and Mary Intellectual Property Policy. It should be noted that 50% of all net income derived from an invention goes to the inventors.