- The Governing Rules
- Higher Ed Manual (pdf) (Revised 7-23-21)
- Management Agreement
- Mandatory General Terms and Conditions (Revised 6-23-23)
- Policy on Financial Conflict of Interest
- Procedures for Sponsoring On-Campus Mobile Food Vendors
- Retention Schedule for Unsuccessful Formal Bids and Proposals (Effective March 1, 2020)
- Small Purchase Charge Card (SPCC) Policy & Procedures (Revised FY20)
- Special Terms and Conditions (Revised 7-7-22)
- Special Terms and Conditions - IT (Revised 7-18-22)
- Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA)
- Virginia Sales and Use Tax Exemptions
- W&M Purchase Order Terms and Conditions (Revised 8-4-22)
- W&M Small Purchase Procedures (Revised 3-20-23)
William & Mary departments have been delegated the authority to purchase goods and services up to a maximum of $10,000 per project. The Procure-to-Pay Matrix provides a guide for frequently purchased goods and services and allowable exemptions up to $200,000. All purchases of goods and services expected to exceed $200,000 shall follow the procedures as set forth in the Commonwealth of Virginia Purchasing Manual for Institutions of Higher Education and their Vendors.
William & Mary shall not issue payment of any invoice for any department covering the purchase of goods and services, when such purchases are in violation of law. Contracts awarded in violation of the law/Governing Rules, are voidable. Contracts signed by individuals without authority to do so are void from the beginning. Individuals signing/awarding contracts without the authority to do so may be held personally liable for payment to the vendor.