- The Governing Rules
- Virginia Sales and Use Tax Exemptions
- W&M Small Purchase Procedures (Revised 9/14/22)
- Small Purchase Charge Card (SPCC) Policy & Procedures (Revised FY20)
- Higher Ed Manual (pdf) (Revised 7-23-21)
- Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA)
- Policy on Financial Conflict of Interest
- Mandatory General Terms and Conditions (Revised 7-6-22)
- Special Terms and Conditions - IT (Revised 7-18-22)
- Special Terms and Conditions (Revised 7-7-22)
- W&M Purchase Order Terms and Conditions (Revised 8-4-22)
- Management Agreement
- Retention Schedule for Unsuccessful Formal Bids and Proposals (Effective March 1, 2020)
William & Mary departments have been delegated the authority to purchase goods and services up to a maximum of $5,000 per project. The Procure-to-Pay Matrix provides a guide for frequently purchased goods and services and allowable exemptions up to $100,000. All purchases of goods and services expected to exceed $100,000 shall follow the procedures as set forth in the Commonwealth of Virginia Purchasing Manual for Institutions of Higher Education and their Vendors.
William & Mary shall not issue payment of any invoice for any department covering the purchase of goods and services, when such purchases are in violation of law. Contracts awarded in violation of the law/Governing Rules, are voidable. Contracts signed by individuals without authority to do so are void from the beginning. Individuals signing/awarding contracts without the authority to do so may be held personally liable for payment to the vendor.