Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
William & Mary W&M menu close William & Mary

Requests for Services

Project Guidance for William & Mary Staff

Planning, Design & Construction

Projects can range in scope, scale, complexity, and cost. Prior to initiating a Work Order through FAMIS, campus stakeholders should consult with FPDC to better understand procedure, processes,  and approvals, among other requirements.

The Office of the University Architect (OUA) is responsible for all planning, design, and construction projects on campus. This includes coordination of professional services for architectural and engineering projects, master planning, interior design and furniture selection services, construction management, and capital improvement initiatives.

  • Renovations & Remodeling
    Projects that involve renovating or remodeling a space, including replacement of finishes and furniture selection, are managed by FPDC staff. This ensures that projects conform to design guidelines and  technical standards as well as various requirements for procurement, permitting, and compliance with applicable building codes.
  • Capital Projects
    Projects that impact more than 5,000 square feet or have a project value of $3M or greater are considered major Capital Projects. Prior to any work beginning on a Capital Project, it must be included in the Annual Capital Plan approved by the Board of Visitors. FPDC can provide guidance on the capital planning process and navigating project approvals.
Repair & Maintenance Requests

To request general maintenance or repairs to a building or space, contact Work Control at (757) 221-2270 or  You may submit a service request through FAMIS (link).  A description of the types of calls and categories may be found at our Service Request page.

Space Requests

Space requests are managed by University Real Estate and Strategic Space Planning. To request a move to a new space or to request additional space to accommodate the changing needs of your unit, please contact Additional guidance, including information on submitting a request, is available through the Committees on Space Management.