William & Mary sign

Latest about COVID-19 and W&M's Path Forward.

Info for... William & Mary
William & Mary W&M menu close William & Mary

Forwarding Undergrad Mail

I am graduating, transferring or withdrawing from William & Mary!

It is essential that you return your key to Postal Services, not to your RA, and submit a Forwarding Card  simultaneously.  Your address will appear on Banner as (FW) and your mail will be forwarded for up to a year.  If you fail to return your key you will be charged $25 for a lock replacement.

I am going home, but returning in the fall!

You don't have to do anything if you want to have your mail forwarded to your Mailing Address (MA).  The Mailing Address that will be used is the one that is listed in Banner.  This address will remain in Banner and your mail will continue to be forwarded to you until August 1.

I want to forward my mail to an address that is different from my Mailing Address!

You must submit a Forwarding Card containing the alternate address information.  This is the address that appears in Banner as a Temporary Address (TE).
NOTE: Mail will be forwarded to a Williamsburg address only for students that are in the study abroad or internship programs associated with the university.

I'm attending summer session/staying in Williamsburg this summer!

You must submit a Forwarding Card alerting Postal Services to keep your mail box open during this time frame.  If your Forwarding Card is not received by June 1, your Mailing Address in Banner will be your default Forwarding Address until you notify Postal Services.

What about my magazine, newspaper, music club, book club, etc. subscriptions?

You must provide the company's subscription center with your temporary or permanent address to ensure proper handling of your mail. 
Note: Postal Services will not accept responsibility for delayed or lost mail.

What about packages left or received after June 1st ?

Packages that are left by you or received after June 1st will be forwarded to you at your expense!  The charge for this service will be the cost of mailing this item by way of United States Postal Service (USPS) at the "Parcel Post rate" with up to $200 of insurance.

Where do I get a Forwarding Card?

Forwarding Cards are available here and at the Student Service Window.