- The nature of this student's diagnosed condition results in the student needing more time to process information or produce responses in time-restricted testing environments.
- In most instances, students requesting and approved for this accommodation typically need to give professors 48 hours of notice before professors can reasonably be expected to arrange this accommodation.
- If the student and professor agree, the professor can find a suitable place for the student to take the exam in an uninterrupted environment that is appropriate for taking a test with their accommodations. Generally, it is not ideal for the student to have to move to another location once the test session is in progress.
- If the student and professor prefer, the student can take their quiz, test, or exam with their accommodations in the Watson Lab, located at 110A Campus Center.
Setting up a test/exam at the Watson Lab
- The Watson Lab is available for student to take exams between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM.
- This is a proctored or semi-proctored environment for student use.
- It is equipped with computers and resources for students who have assistive technology needs as part of their accommodations.
- Students must book their testing space (i.e. the Watson Lab) at least 2 days in advance through our Accommodate website. Instructions for test room booking can be found here.
- Contact persons are Lesley Henderson, Chelsea Mullins and Danielle Stubbs. You may contact them at (757) 221-2509 or [[sas]].
Students are responsible for:
- Contacting their instructor no less than 48 hours prior to the exam (though a full week is recommended when we speak to the students) to make arrangements for an alternative testing space.
- Calling or emailing to arrange to take an exam in the Watson Lab at least 2 business days prior to the exam. There is limited space in the Watson Lab, and the slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Showing up at the designated time to take their exam in the Watson Lab and following the rules set forth by the instructor and the Watson Lab test proctor(s).
- Cooperatively ending work on the exam when the designated time expires.
Professors/Instructors are kindly asked to:
- Identify a mutually agreeable place with the student to accomplish their exam accommodations.
- Deliver the exam to the Dean of Students Office staff at least one day in advance of the scheduled exam, either by emailing the exam directly to [[testing]] or delivering a hardcopy to Campus Center 109. (We prefer to avoid using the Interoffice mail system for delivering such important documents.) Also let us know how you would like the exam returned to you.
- Feel free to contact [[sas]] or call the SAS staff at (757) 221-2509 with any questions.