Updated: Monday Mar 27th, 2023
Passport Pay-by-phone Option
The university has implemented a Passport pay-by-phone App option to manage visitor parking on campus.
Non-affiliated guests no longer need to stop by the Parking Office to purchase a temporary parking pass for the length of your visit. Visitors may park in any one of the designated areas and establish a pay-by-phone session to cover the cost of parking. You only pay for the time you are parked, no more, no less. The minimum session is 2 hours and the rate is $2.50/hr.
Click here to view a short video of how the system works or follow the steps listed below:
A solution for all, don't have a smart phone, no worries. Sessions can be set in advance or in real time online, via the app, or by calling the below number.
To establish a session, download the app, or go to ppprk.com, take note of the zone you parked in and follow the prompts, pay for the time you plan to be in the lot, and you're done. With the app, users can efficiently pay for parking sessions from their mobile devices, as well as monitor parking sessions, extend time remotely, view payment history, receive email receipts.
Passport provides reminders and allows you to extend your time from your phone or smart device. There is no need to return to your car.
Due to online credit card processing fees the minimum session time starts at 2 hours of parking. For frequent visitors we recommend establishing an E-wallet session, this allows you to setup a declining balance account from which parking fees can be deducted as used; This option will save you multiple transaction fees per session. Then just reload your wallet as needed.
The university has agreed to expand the use of the Passport parking app to the below list of locations throughout campus. These are designated Visitor Only parking areas and as such are not available for use by Faculty, Staff, and Students with W&M Parking Decals.
F/S and Student members without decals or temp passes may use the below three areas to pay by the hour when they need to be on campus for short term stays.
PASSPORT ZONES & LOCATIONS :
- Zone 1476 - Graduate Complex Overflow Lot (All)
- Zone 1477 - Kaplan Arena Upper & Lower Lots (All)
- Zone 1478 - School of Ed Lot 6 & Dillard Complex (All any space)
- Zone 1480 - Admissions Lot - 25 spaces (Visitor Only)
- Zone 1481 - Dawson Circle - 25 spaces (Visitor Only)
- Zone 1482 - Legacy Circle - 6 spaces (formerly Ewell), (Visitor Only)
- Zone 1483 - Law School Circle - 12 spaces (Visitor Only)
- Zone 1484 - Boswell Lot - (Visitor Only) - 2 sections for 25 spaces
- 10 spaces , near Mason School of Business
- 15 spaces, near Muscarelle Museum currently offline 18 mo. due to construction
- Zone 1485 - Old Dominion lot - 35 spaces (Visitor Only)
- Rear Sadler Lot - 6 spaces (Visitor Only)
- Zone 1486 - Rear Swem Lot - 18 spaces (Visitor Only)