From Oct. 21-24, alumni from around the globe will make their annual pilgrimage back to their alma mater to celebrate and reconnect with their classmates, and get to know their College all over again with events like the annual Homecoming Football Game — which will feature the Tribe taking on CAA foe Delaware at Zable Stadium — and much more!
Highlights of Homecoming 2010 include:
• Academic Symposium: Fri., Oct 22. from 2:30 to 4 p.m. and will consists of nine separate sessions. Sessions will range in attendance from 25 to 75. Check the schedule of events at www.wmalumni.com/?homecoming for specific times, speakers and general information.
• Sunset Ceremony: Fri., Oct. 22 at 5 p.m. in the Wren Courtyard. The Sunset Ceremony is a remembrance of alumni, faculty and friends of the College who have passed away during the preceding year.
• Friday Night Fest: Fri., Oct. 22 from 6 to 11 p.m. at the Alumni House. This event features a chance for old classmates and friends to gather informally over food, beverages and live music, featuring alumni band, the Dimeslots.
• Homecoming Parade: Sat., Oct. 23 starting at 9 a.m. The route of this year’s parade will start near the corner of Duke of Gloucester Street and Botetourt Street. It will then proceed down Richmond Road past the Alumni House to Brooks Street and ending at William and Mary Hall.
• Children’s Carnival: Sat., Oct. 23 from 10 a.m. to noon on the front lawn of the Alumni House. The carnival allows youngsters to stretch their legs and have a little fun on campus enjoying a variety of activities.
• W&M Football Game: Sat., Oct. 23 at noon at Zable Stadium. The Tribe will take on the Blue Hens of Delaware. Call 221-3340 to purchase tickets.
• Postgame Tailgate: Sat., Oct. 23 starting after the end of the football game until 5 p.m. at the Alumni House. Fans can enjoy snacks and beverages at this postgame party.
• Saturday Night Bash: Sat., Oct. 23 open to all alumni. The Bash will feature the band Attraction, formerly known as BS&M.
• Complete Schedule is available at www.wmalumni.com/?homecoming
Since the first Homecoming on Oct. 23, 1926, the Alumni Association has hosted the annual reunion for generations of W&M alumni, family and friends. The first Homecoming football game was played against George Washington University and the Tribe was victorious, winning 14-0 at old Cary Field. Since that first Homecoming, the alumni ranks have grown to over 86,000 living alumni and the College has become one of the world’s leading public universities and among the best universities in the United States.
The Alumni Association expects thousands of alumni, students, faculty, administrators, parents and friends of the College to participate in this year’s 83rd anniversary celebration of Homecoming at William and Mary.
A complete list of campus events, prices and an online registration form are available at www.wmalumni.com or by calling the Alumni Programs Office at 757.221.1174, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Founded in 1842, the William and Mary Alumni Association is a separately incorporated nonprofit organization that encourages alumni of the College of William and Mary to remain active partners in the life of the university. The Alumni Association’s programs nurture friendships, inspire pride and build an appreciation among alumni for William and Mary’s long tradition of achievement. For more information about the Alumni Association, visit www.wmalumni.com.