1. eNOS regulation
- Post-translational regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) primarily by phosphorylation and protein-protein interactions.
- Effects of exercise on endothelial and smooth muscle nitric oxide synthases (NOS) and stress protein expression, activation and signaling.
- Role of heat shock/stress proteins in the cardiovascular system, particularly in myocardial and vascular dysfunction associated with aging, hypertension, diabetes, and ischemia/reperfusion injury.
2. Health & Pilgrimage
- Cardiovascular disease risk and pilgrimage
- Exercise and health habits among pilgrims
3. Physiologic Responses to Hypoxia
- Collaborating with Dr. Ken Kambis in the Jack Borgenicht Altitude Physiology Research Facility
- Particular interest in the relationship between heart rate variability (HRV) and the hypoxic ventilatory response (HVR)