The class visit program is designed to supplement our campus tours and information sessions. By sitting in on a real William & Mary class, students can experience first hand why William & Mary consistently ranks among the nation's top universities in commitment to undergraduate teaching. Due to the small nature of so many of our classes, visit opportunities are limited and only classes with available seats will appear on the registration page.
Sign up for a class visit at William & Mary
There are several, pre-approved class sessions on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays throughout the fall semester. If you are interested in visiting a class and shadowing a student, you are welcome to participate in our Tribe Shadow program that includes a class visit and lunch with a current William & Mary student.
- Tuesdays: Magic, Science & Religion (Religion), Right & Wrong in the Contemporary World (Philosophy), Intro to Cultural Anthropology (Anthropology), & Intro to Film & Media Studies (Film)
- Wednesdays: Human Anatomy (Kinesiology, Pre-Med), Intro to International Politics (Government), The Idea of Race (Africana Studies), Biochemistry (Biology, Chemistry), & The Population Bomb (History)
- Thursdays: Magic, Science & Religion (Religion), Right & Wrong in the Contemporary World (Philosophy), & Intro to Film & Media Studies (Film)
- Fridays: Human Anatomy (Kinesiology, Pre-Med), & Biochemistry (Biology, Chemistry)
To find available classes, click "register now" to search by class visit and date. On the date of your arrival, you will need to check-in at the Undergraduate Admission Office (116 Jamestown Road) before your class visit to receive your classroom location and helpful information on classroom etiquette at William & Mary.
To observe a specific class
If you are interested in a particular class or department that is not one of our pre-approved classes please contact that department directly. You can also use the dynamic course catalog to search for an open class, and email a professor directly. Note: For the History department, please contact [[kebene, Professor Benes]].
Guidelines & Suggestions:
- Our directions to campus and parking instructions will assist you as you join us at the Office of Undergraduate Admission (116 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg VA).
- Arrive for check-in thirty minutes prior to your scheduled class time.
- Schedule a visit at a time when you can stay for the entire class and avoid disrupting class by leaving early.
- Turn off cell phones or set them to silent during the class period.
- Please be sure to introduce yourself and thank the professor at the end of the class.
For any further questions you may email [[admission, Undergraduate Admission]].