Key Questions for Phase III
Amid the rapid change brought on by COVID-19, William & Mary learned important lessons that will impact its strategic priorities for the future. Phase III: Vision into Action will address key questions that will guide strategy as the university emerges from pandemic.
Key Questions for Post-Pandemic
How will it be? What will our community need at the end of the marathon? Potential needs include ...
- Recovery and healing
- "Roaring 20's" return to social life
- "Post-war" transformation of the U.S. workforce and workplaces, via telework
- In-person and place-based matter differently, used differently
- Higher expectations of equity, wellness, antiracism, environmental stewardship
- Higher urgency for civic education, to sustain democratic institutions
How does W&M turn the momentum of pandemic transformation into long-term advantages for our community?
- Rapid transformation across the institution led to unprecedented success in crisis
- Increased ability to create intimacy, community, via remote platforms
- Increase in applications
- For Liberal Arts & Sciences, new prominence in health sciences, data analytics, questions of ethics and equity, African American history, technology and communications
- Research and evidence-based action shown to be essential in all walks of life and all sectors of the economy