F-2 Dependents & F-2 Visas
The spouses and unmarried children (under age 21) of an F-1 visa holder are eligible for F-2 visas. For the F-2 visa, they will need the following documents:
- an I-20 issued for F-2 dependent (if you are a current student, you will need to submit an I-20 Request Form to our office for the dependent I-20)
- a valid passport
- evidence of relationship to F-1 (e.g. marriage certificate or birth certificate)
- evidence of financial support (Certification of Financial Support, bank statement, assistantship or scholarship letter). You may use the same documentation as the F-1.
- visa application forms DS-156, DS-158, and for males between the ages of 16 and 45, the DS-157 as well.
Dependents of continuing students will also need:
- a valid travel signature (signatures valid for 1 year from date of signing)
- a W&M transcript (recommended)
- a visa support letter (optional)
Check with your U.S. Consulate to see if they require any additional documents.