As a W&M alum, you can be a resource to help students and fellow alumni.
We provide career support for alumni who've graduated within the last 5 years:
- On the left, you'll find a few career resources we've pulled together to assist recent alumni.
- Alumni who need help with their job search strategies, and who are within the first 5 years of graduating, can schedule one-on-one advising sessions with the Career Center staff. Call 757-221-3231 to schedule an appointment, which can be conducted via phone if necessary. More experienced alumni should turn to the Alumni Association for career support.
- Note:The Career Center does not maintain a list of contacts; we encourage you to turn to LinkedIn.com and the Alumni Association to find people.
- If you are in the area, you are welcome to participate in many of the Career Centers' events, including career fairs.
- You can access the job postings that employers send us through TribeCareers.wm.edu: alumni who graduated after 2007 already have an account there, while more experienced alumni will have to create an account. Bear in mind that most of the jobs that employers send to the W&M Career Center are entry level.
We rely heavily on alumni to provide advice and insights to students and fellow alumni about current industry and career field trends. To facilitate the connections between students and alumni for these conversations, we encourage alumni to join the official W&M LinkedIn group: the W&M Network (Official Group). (Here is a quick tutorial on how to use LinkedIn, if you aren't already.) We use this group to find alumni to invite back to campus to chat with students about careers; either in career panels, informal meet-ups, or networking receptions. Alumni often volunteer to conduct mock-interviews, either here on campus or over Skype, giving students invaluable practice in this crucial skill.