The Office of the University Registrar routinely certifies students' enrollment to a variety of outside agencies. Students often need official verification of their enrollment status sent to various agencies and organizations, to include:
- Insurance companies for students applying for family, life, and auto policy discounts
- Automobile dealers for graduates seeking auto loan discounts
- Employers for students seeking jobs
- Credit card companies for students applying for credit
- Pension fund companies for students applying for survivor educational benefits
- U.S. Veterans Affairs (VA) for student veterans applying for educational benefits
- Financial aid lenders and loan guarantors, via the National Student Loan Clearinghouse
Order Online Now
Using your WMuserid and password, current students and alumni may also obtain free enrollment verifications online, twenty-four (24) hours per day through the National Student Clearinghouse, where you may obtain the following information:
- Enrollment verification for current and past semesters.
- View all enrollment information filed for you with the Clearinghouse.
- View the student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to your loan holders (lenders and guarantors).
- View the proof(s) of enrollment that the Clearinghouse has provided to your health insurers and other providers of student services or products.
- Order or track a transcript (a fee of seven dollars [U.S. $7.00] is charged for each official transcript requested).
Note: To protect the privacy of your WM student record, please be sure to properly log off and close the web browser after obtaining your enrollment verification certificate via this on-line service.
Current Students and Alumni may obtain a verification of enrollment by downloading and submitting the Enrollment Verification Request Form (pdf). Often, a company or agency will send a form to be completed and certified by the Registrar. If the certification includes a specific form, please send the form along with your request.
Need a "Certified" Enrollment Verification?
During off-peak times, verifications may processed within twenty-four hours. During peak times, processing time is 2 to 4 business days.
Employers/Third Parties Requests
The College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification. Requests from Employers/Third Parties for verification of current enrollment may be directed to the National Student Clearinghouse at:
- Web: www.studentclearinghouse.org or www.degreeverify.com
- Fax: (703) 742-4239
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: National Student Clearinghouse; 13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300 Herndon, VA 20171
Note: To cover the cost of this service, some requestors pay a small service fee to obtain verifications of student enrollment.